Cook1 hr 5 mins
My sister loves cappuccino cheesecake. I baked this for her birthday, and she was one happy camper! Prep time includes chill time.
- 8 whole graham crackers, crushed
- 5 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso powder or 4 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- chocolate, shaved into curls (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix crackers, butter and 1/4 cup sugar in medium bowl; press onto bottom (not sides) of a 9-inch springform pan with 2 3/4-inch high sides.
- Bake crust 10 minutes.
- Maintain oven temperature.
- Combine cream, espresso powder or coffee and vanilla in small bowl; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until smooth.
- Gradually beat in remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar, then eggs 1 at a time.
- Beat in flour.
- Stir espresso mixture until power dissolves, beat into cream cheese mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter over crust.
- Bake cake until edges are puffed and beginning to crack and center is just set, about 1 hour 5 minutes.
- Cool on rack for 30 minutes; chill, uncovered for 6 hours.
- Cut around cake to loosen.
- Release pan sides.
- Top with chocolate curls, if desired.