1/1 Photo of Cappuccino Biscotti
1 hr 30 mins
Az B's Note:
I found this recipe on joyofbaking.com. It has since become one of my favorites to bake. Not only are the cookies tasty and easy, but they leave my entire house smelling terrific.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skinned and coarsely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder (optional) or 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F and place rack in center of oven.
- 2Toast hazelnuts for 10 - 15 minutes or until the skins start to separate from the nut. Remove from oven and place in a clean tea towel to steam for about 5 minutes. Rub the hazelnuts in the towel to remove the skins. Let cool and then coarsely chop. Set aside.
- 3Reduce oven temperature to 300F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 4In a small bowl whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- 5In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer) beat the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, spices, and espresso powder until combined.
- 6Gradually add the egg mixture and beat until a dough forms, add chopped nuts and chocolate chips about halfway through.
- 7With floured hands divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface roll each half of dough into a log about 10 inches (25 cm) long and 2 inches (5 cm) wide.
- 8Transfer logs to the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 3 inches (7.5 cm) apart, and bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until firm to the touch (logs will spread during baking, giving the characteristic biscotti shape).
- 9Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- 10On a cutting board, with a serrated knife, cut each log crosswise, into 3/4 inch (2 cm) slices. Be careful when moving these to the cutting board to ensure the logs don't break.
- 11Arrange the slices on the baking sheet, cut side up, and bake 10 minutes. Turn slices over, and bake another 10 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- 12Remove from oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cappuccino Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.3
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 48.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g