Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
ZWT6 - Asia
Make and share this Cantonese Meatballs (Appetizers) recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb ground round
- 1⁄4 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup water chestnut, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- Combine ingredients for meatballs. Mix well. Form into bite size meatballs.
- Bake in 9 x 13-inch glass pans in a 375° oven until brown, approximately 1 hour, turning once.
- Cool and drain on paper towels.
- Combine ingredients for sauce in large saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add more cornstarch mixed with water if needed.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Add meatballs to sauce. Serve warm with toothpicks.
very delicious meatballs!! made a double recipe for a crowd and they were gone in no time at all. will def make them again...
This had a nice combination of ingredients.. Thought about going 1/2 pork, instead of 1/4 pork, but left it as is. Very flavorful tander meatballs. Like the addition of oatmeal too. We all enjoyed them during the Super Bowl. Made for Recipe Swap#49.