1/2 Photos of Cannoli Shells
1 hr 43 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This is the "old family recipe" that my grandmother used for making her delicious cannoli shells. My cannoli filling recipe is # 59710.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together flour, shortening, salt and sugar.
- 2Add enough wine to make a stiff but workable dough.
- 3Roll dough into a ball and let it stand for about 1 hour.
- 4Roll dough out 1/8 inch thick.
- 5Cut rolled dough into 5x5 inch squares.
- 6Place a cannoli tube across dough square on an angle (from top left corner to bottom right corner).
- 7Wrap one corner around the tube, then the other (which should overlap the first).
- 8Press together to seal seam.
- 9Fry in deep fat, one at a time, until deep golden brown.
- 10Carefully remove fried cannoli shell from tube.
- 11Cool completely before filling.
- 12***Cannoli tubes are usually made from sheet aluminum and should be 8 inches long by 1 inch in diameter.
Nutritional Facts for Cannoli Shells
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.6
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g