Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick to make, high-fiber soup from The Volumetrics Eating Plan. Omit cheese and add some nutritional yeast for the vegan version. Use any white bean you prefer. Freezes well.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cored died tomatoes
- 2 cups canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Lightly spray a 4 to 5 quart pot with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the oil, onion, and garlic and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except cheese) and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with Parmesan when serving.