Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
I love this cheese cake because the crust is different, and it is rich. It has some of my favorite candies in it. It was entered by a grandmother and her grand daughter to a magazine recipe contest and won! If you buy the bite sized candy bars you will save some time when it comes to chopping.
- 3⁄4 cup finely crushed shortbread cookie (about 12 cookies)
- 1⁄4 cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 -4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 (1 1/2 ounce) chocolate-covered english toffee bars, croarsely chopped
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) white chocolate baking bar, with crunchy chocolate cookie bits coarsley chopped
- 1⁄3 cup malted milk balls, coarsley chopped (about 15)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For crust, combine shortbread cookies, graham crackers and melted butter; stir to combine.
- Mixture may be crumbly.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of a 9x1-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Bake until lightly brown (about 10 minutes).
- Set aside to cool.
- For filling, in a food processor or blender combine cream cheese, 3 Tablespoons butter, half and half, eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Cover and blend or process until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl stir together chopped candy.
- Stir in cream cheese mixture.
- Pour filliing into the crust-lined pan.
- Place in shallow baking pan to catch drips.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center appears neatly set when shaken.
- Cool for one hour Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
This was EXCELLENT! I did have to cook a little longer, about 45 minutes. Also I don't own a tart pan so I used my regular cheesecake pan. Next time I may double the recipe and make it thicker. I probably wont need to completely double the candy, though as there was definitely plenty! Thanks for the great recipe. I will definitely make again!