Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
A camping delicacy to be enjoyed by young...and not so young.
- Slit each banana lengthwise but not all the way through.
- Leave the skin on (do not peel).
- Put 1-2 tsp each of the marshmallows and chocolate chips in slit.
- Sprinkle lightly with brown sugar.
- Wrap tightly in foil, being sure to seal ends.
- Place on grill over campfire or coals, seam side up.
- Takes about 7 minutes to cook.
Right on! I used to enjoy these during summer camping trips. Wouldn't change a thing! 5 stars all the way!
These are great to make with children. I first experienced these on a Girl Scout campout years and years ago. We did not use the brown sugar...really not needed with the sweetness of the banana, marshmallows and chocolate. Be careful not to overcook or the banana will dissolve.
I make something similiar 2 this, instead of brown sugar i also add peanut butter in the middle...yummy!