Slow Boat to China
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Brown ground beef and half way through add celery and onion.
- Drain fat; add the butter.
- In a bowl mix the soup, soy sauce, water, rice, and meat mixture; stir well.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour or so.
- I have used Minute rice for this and it has come out just as good as regular rice.
- I have also used cream of potato soup instead of cream of mushroom soup and it was great!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was surprisingly good considering how few ingredients and steps involved. Used the food processor to grate the onion, and added frozen green beans to get some veg in. My own mistake in forgetting to cover this while baking, so the top was a bit dry. I could have stirred it, but didn't think of it. I'll be making this again at my husband's request, so that makes it a keeper. Thanks for sharing a quick, tasty recipe!
This was a real easy meal that had my 5 year old asking for more!! I did make some changes....1 I used cream of chicken (all on hand), 2 used beef broth rather than water, and 3 only had 1TBS soy sauce so I added a mccormick beef stew mix. All in all it was very flavorful and was easy to put together and clean up. Thnx 4 posting