Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
An easy to make hearty breakfast for when you're out enjoying nature!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 (20 ounce) packages shredded hash brown potatoes, refrigerated, not frozen
- 1 (7 ounce) package sausage links, brown and serve, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In large skillet, melt butter. Add the potatoes, sausage, onion and green pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned, turning once.
- Push potatoes to the sides of the pan.
- Pour eggs in center of pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat; stir eggs into potatoes.
- Top with cheese; cover and cook 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Perfect camping breakfast! (sorry i forgot to review this) We made this the last time we went our camping and it was very filling and satisfying. This will become one of our regular breakfasts while our camping, and at home. Thank you so much for something different from our norm.....Stephanie