Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a different way of serving chicken. It goes over well at dinner parties, but is equally suited to a romantic evening. I think it originally came from a Valentines Day special. I have included the refrigeration time in the prep. Some roasted asparagus and new potatoes and you have a complete meal.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 100 g camembert cheese or 100 g brie cheese
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup crushed macadamia nuts
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Cut a pocket in the thick part of the chicken breasts.
- Stuff with the cheese.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken in flour, being careful with the stuffing.
- Then in egg.
- Then in the combined crumbs and nuts.
- Ensure that it is well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Line a tray with baking paper and place chicken on it.
- Spray with olive oil spray or lightly drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 15mins.
- Turn over and cook a further 5 mins.
Very nice recipe. I didn't have macadamia nuts so I also substituted pecans and it turned out fine. (For USA cooks, 200 degrees Celcius is approximately 392 degrees Fahrenheit - I set the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit and it worked fine.) Thanks for the quick and easy recipe. I especially liked that it could and should be refrigerated for 30 minutes, making it a great recipe to serve for company since you could do all the preparation ahead of time and it bakes quickly!
Lovely, lovely, lovely! This is a very rich dish, but oh so good. I served it with a simple side of sauteed spinach with lemon and garlic. I used brie cheese and substituted pecans for the macadamia nuts.
This tasted fantastic and was very easy to make. Thank you Claire!