Camembert Roast Chicken
photo by twissis
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- Preheat oven to 180dc. Stuff chicken with cheese and herbs.
- Place chicken onto a wire rack in a roasting pan. Roast for 1 1/2 hours or until juice run clear when the thickest part of the chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Transfer pan juices to a container and chill in the freezer for 3 minutes. Use a large metal spoon to skim fat from juicse.
- Place roasting pan onto stovetop and heat over medium heat. Add wine to pan and bring to the boil, scraping base of pan. Pour in reserved pan juices and cook until headed. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Serve slices of chicken with potatoes and steamed vegetables.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very tasty and juicy! Ours took a little longer to cook because it was a 5 1/2 pound bird. I wasn't sure when you said to stuff the bird if you meant the cavity (didn't sound like an appetizing place to get the cheese out of) or under the skin, so we went with both! I spread some under the skin and added the herbs, and then I put the 'rindy' bits of the cheese in the cavity with more herbs. Definitely loved it under the skin. I LOVE the directions on putting the pan drippings in the freezer to separate the fat for the gravy! Will be making this one again! Thanks Satyne! Made for ZWT8 Family Picks round.
Made for ZWT-8 Special Zingo Plus & this is no doubt among the best recipes I've made during the Tour. I made it exactly as written. "Pan directions" weren't given, so I assumed the std of the chef applied. I roasted the chicken covered, basted it w/pan juices twice & then uncovered the roasting pan to brown the chicken a bit B4 removing it from the oven & roasting pan to prepare the sauce. Cooking time was spot-on, btw. I served the sauce on the side as seen in the pics, but will also post a photo of the plated meal tomorrow evening. DH was not in a patient mood once he saw his dinner was ready, esp since the incredible aroma had been teasing him beyond endurance. The chicken & sauce were served w/carrots & stuffing made separately. This is a spec recipe, definitely company-worthy & sure to be repeated. Thx for sharing it w/us.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Well, I am very passionate about cooking and love discovering new recipes. I love participating in the events since I'm always finding new recipes that I wouldn't have found on my own. My housemates and boyfriend all enjoy our food adventures and I love to leave people positive reviews and nice ish photos.