Little Bee's Note:
Colorful and cool - this California spin on spinach salad has a lot going on without a lot of effort.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs fresh spinach, washed and dried thoroughly
- 5 medium ripe Hass avocadoes, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons limes or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup ripe olives, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups mandarin oranges, drained and quartered
- spinach salad dressing (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry leaf tarragon, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1In small saucepan, bring vinegar and tarragon to a boil. Cool.
- 2Blend mustard and vinegar mixture in deep bowl. Stir well.
- 3Gradually add oil, beating until well blended.
- 4Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Tear spinach into bite size pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. In medium bowl, generously drizzle lime juice over avocado cubes before tossing in salad to prevent browning and to enhance flavor. Add avocados, olives, onions and oranges to mixing bowl and toss together with salad dressing.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.0
- Calories from Fat 442
- Total Fat 49.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 194.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: