Recipe by Marla Swoffer
Signature California ingredients and flavorful spices are the secret to this taste sensation I developed. I'm always asked to bring this to parties or family celebrations.
- 453.59 g surimi (imitation crab)
- 1 avocado
- 283.49 g can black olives
- 14.79 ml red onion, chopped finely
- 29.58 ml celery, chopped (optional)
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml apple cider vinegar
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 7.39 ml dill (dried dill weed)
- 0.25 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Flake crab with 1 t lemon juice in large bowl.
- Add onion, celery (optional), vinegar, soy sauce, worcestershire, and 1 t dill.
- Stir until mixed.
- Stir in mayonnaise (adjust amount according to taste).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice avocado into bitesize pieces and sprinkle with remaining 1 t lemon juice (keeps avocado from browning) and 1/2 t dill.
- Gently stir avocados and olives into the salad.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve or refrigerate for several hours.