Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Just a small twist on an old favorite.
- 7 lbs cooked chicken breasts, and shredded
- 3 -4 gallons water or 3 -4 gallons broth
- 8 cups chopped curly kale
- 8 cups chopped celery
- 6 cups diced yellow onions
- 6 cups carrots, coins
- 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 lbs egg noodles, cooked al dente
- Bake chicken in pans at 350 degrees F for 20 min or until cooked.
- Prepare celery, onion, carrot and garlic while chicken is cooking.
- Saute garlic, onions, carrots, and celery in olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Add water, salt, pepper, bay leaves and kale.
- bring to a boil then reduce to med-high heat and simmer for 20 minute.
- Add chicken and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Add cooked egg noodles before serving, keep egg noodles seperate so they don't get mushy.