Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
From “The Africa Cookbook Tastes of a Continent” by Jessica B. Harris Algeria. The liver can be speared on toothpicks as khemia, an appetizer nibble.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet, add the spices, and cook them over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the water and continue to cook until half the water has evaporated.
- Add the liver and continue to cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the vinegar, stirring to mix it in .
- Return the skillet to the heat and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with white rice.