Recipe by Beeracuda
A fast, easy, one-pot meal, which provides a bit of kick. Perfect for busy weeknights after work.
Top Review by Valley 32
This was so fast and easy to make. My kids even gobbled it right up. That it's self was amazing for there very picky. Thanks for the great post and can't wait for BBQ Season to pass this dish around for sure..
- 12 ounces hot Italian sausage (rope)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) bags boil-in-the-bag rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 dash of texas pete hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter or margarine in large skillet.
- Cut raw sausage into 1/2" pieces.
- Add sausage to skillet and fry on medium-high heat for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add onions and mushrooms, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add uncooked rice, chicken broth, stewed tomatoes, cajun seasoning, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce to skillet, and stir thoroughly.
- Heat until boiling, then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve and enjoy.