My Favorite Scampi (Shrimp or Chicken)
This recipe cooks in no time, making it perfect for busy weeknights when you want a delicious meal in a hurry. Use refrigerated pasta to have a great dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes! This recipe is great with shrimp, chicken, or some of each! Serve with garlic bread and salad.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb chicken, tenderloin strips (optional)
- Melt butter and olive oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, saute for approximately 30 seconds.
- Season shrimp (or chicken) with salt and pepper to taste, and add to the pan.
- Cook shrimp thoroughly, being careful not to overcook, flipping once-cooking time will depend on size of shrimp, but with medium shrimp, cooking time is approximately 5 minutes.
- If using chicken tenderloins, follow above instructions, adjusting cooking time as needed to thoroughly cook chicken.
- If using both chicken and shrimp, decrease amounts to 1/2 lb of each.
- Add chicken first, cook until almost done, then add shrimp, to prevent shrimp from overcooking.
- Increase heat to high, and add 1/2 to 3/4 of the chicken broth and sprinkle with parsley.
- Allow broth to heat through, check for seasoning, adding additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour over cooked fettucini or linguini, stir well, and serve with a slice of warm garlic bread and a tossed salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I made this last night and it was pretty good. It could have used a little more flavor, but I was too tired after work to go looking through my cabinets for something to add. My husband loved it-- I made it with chicken since shrimp isn't on our budget right now, and the chicken came out very nice and moist. I would definatley try it again, and maybe throw something else in there to give it more zip.