Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Many Cajun shrimp dishes have loads of butter. This is a very tasty version that is much lower in fat. You won't miss it. Serve with French bread and a salad. Fabulous dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Add shrimp; saute 4- 5 minutes or until shrimp are done.
These have a flavor that is similar to blackened seasonings. However, it is much healthier by not cooking with so much butter. The flavor sears with the shrimp and is just outstanding! Thanks!
this dish was awesome! i used pre-cooked shrimp and it came out pretty tasty. it had lots of liquid so i just threw in some spaghetti noodles and it soaked up all the juices. i'm going to make this once a week.
Excellent!I've even made this in a vegetable basket on the Barbecue