Kittencal's Easy Lemon-Garlic Sauteed Shrimp
photo by vrvrvr
- Ready In:
- 1 lb large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or to taste) or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of, large
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat; add in garlic and cayenne pepper, saute stirring for about 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add in wine and bring to a boil over medium heat; simmer uncovered until reduced by at least half.
- Add in shrimp then drizzle the juice of 1 lemon over the shrimp; stir until the shrimp turn translucent (about 2-3 minutes (this will not take long cook only until the shrimp turn pink over cooking will make them tough and rubbery) season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Immediately remove the pan from the heat then sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Really delicious and so easy to make! Fast to put together, too. I made this for a quiet dinner for just the handsome hubby and me - a nice, dry Riesling wine fit the bill perfectly for the recipe and was an excellent accompaniment to the dinner. Served the shrimp over angelhair pasta, with a salad and fresh French bread rolls. Another winner, Kitten, thank you!