Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Born in the bayous of Louisiana and immortalized by the pan-blackened fish of legend Paul Prudhomme, this rub will lend a Cajun accent to anything on which you sprinkle it, especially chicken, steak and seafood. Courtesy of Steven Raichlen's 'How To Grill Barbecue Bible'.
- 1⁄4 cup coarse salt
- 1⁄4 cup sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon bay leaf powder
- Combine all ingredients well.
- Store in an airtight container, away from heat and light.
- It will keep for at least six months.
- Use 2-3 teaspoons per pound of meat.