Mexican Dry Rub
photo by Pam-I-Am
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cumin
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients; mixing well.
- Rub the mixtgure evenly on chicken (whole or pieces) or a meat/veggie of your choice and grill or broil as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm not sure about loco but bueno, si! This was really good. I used it as a rub and I'd also like to try the marinade that others suggested. I used split bone in breasts. The skin was so deliciously spicy and crisp, gasp, I know, I ate the skin ;) Grilling marinating boneless skinless breasts with this sounds heavenly, I'll try that next. Thanks Pam!
Great tasting rub for sure. I made this with chicken breast tenders (fresh) and marinated them with lime juice for an hour. Then applied the rub after the marinade. 1 tweak to the rub that I did was to add 1/2 TSP of ghost pepper powder to bring up the heat a notch. Worked out really well. Thanks for the rub recipe.
see 12 more reviews