Recipe by Little Bee
I got this recipe from another recipe site. We love Caesar Salads at restaurants and this is a very easy and delicious one to make at home! I altered a few things such as adding fresh grated parmesan at the end to suit our tastes. I also used light mayo and cut down on the olive oil to cut the fat content a little. The result is a very decent Caesar Salad! I like to serve this salad with a good steak or lasagna.
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 5 anchovy fillets, minced
- 3 tablespoons grated kraft parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups day-old bread, cubed
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic, and put in food processor with mayonnaise, anchovies, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with with fresh cracked black pepper.
- Place in a food processor and pulse a few times until ingredients areblended.
- Do not overprocess!
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cut the remaining 3 cloves of garlic into quarters, and add to hot oil.
- Cook and stir until golden but be careful not to burn!
- Remove garlic from pan.
- Add bread cubes to the hot oil.
- Cook, turning frequently, until lightly browned.
- Put bread cubes on a cookie sheet and place in a 250 degree oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Be careful not to overtoast the croutons.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl.
- Toss with dressing, freshly grated parmesan cheese and croutons.