Susan Dillard's Note:
This recipe is from the July 2005 issue of Bon Appetit. If you like potato salad and Caesar salad you are going to love this one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 rolled anchovies over capers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large red onion, peeled
- 2 lbs baby red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Process anchovies and garlic in small food processor. (I used a hand held stick kind.) Add 2 tablespoons oil and next 4 ingredients; process until smooth. Add mayonnaise and blend. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2Cut onion into 1-inch cubes and thread onto metal skewers. Brush with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until lightly charred and soft, turning occasionally for even grilling, about 12 minutes. (I used a George Foreman grill for this as it was raining and didn't want to mess with the gas grill in the rain.)Cool. Remove onion cubes from skewers and place in large bowl.
- 3Cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil in large pot. Reduce heat to medium-high and boil until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; cool.
- 4Cut potatoes into wedges. Add potatoes and cheese to bowl with onion. Pour dressing over all and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5For serving, line a large plate with Romaine lettuce leaves and spoon salad into center.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caesar Potato Salad With Grilled Red Onion
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.5
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 185.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rolled anchovies over capers