This recipe is from a Pilsbury Fast and Healthy Cooking book I bougt by the checkstand in the grocery store. I love this soup and you can add thilnlgs you like to it. It is really good on a chilly winter evening...or anytime!!
My Private Note
Pot of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups chopped green cabbage (I use the Savoy because it cooks a little faster and still retains the wonderful cabbage flavor)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can of sliced carrots, drained
- 4 1/2 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 slices low-sodium bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cider vinegar, if desired
- 1Spray Dutch Oven with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Add oil, heat over mediium high until hot then add cabbage and onion and cook 6 minutes or until onion is transparent and slightly borwn stirring frequently.
- 3Add water, noodles, bouillion and beans. Mix well.
- 4Add drained carrots.
- 5Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, place several layers of microwave safe paper towels on microwave safe plate. Place bacon slices in single layer on towels; cover with additional towels. Microwave on HIGH for 4-4 1/2 minutes or until crisp.
- 7Blot to remove any excess grease.
- 8Remove from paper towels then cool slightly, crumble and set aside.
- 9Remove dutch oven from heat and stir in salt.
- 10Ladle soup into bowls.
- 11Sprinkle each serving with bacon.
- 12Pass vinegar to be stirred into soup if desired (we always do and it makes the soup taste wonderful if you don't use too much).
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Soup With Beans and Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.2
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.9 mg
- Sodium 684.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: