Recipe by Oolala
Interesting blend with mint and olives...posting for safe keeping. Submitted to "Jersey Shore Kitchens" by Nonnie Helfrich.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mint
- 2⁄3 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 quart cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup black olives, pitted, drained and quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 12 inch skillet, over low heat, melt the butter with the basil and mint.
- Add onions, carrots and celery.
- Cook gently, about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and green peppers.
- Stir together the bouillon, salt, sugar and water. Drizzle over vegetables and mix well.
- Scatter olives over the top and cover pan tightly. Cook gently, just until tender-crisp; 5-10 minutes.