Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another one of my Civil War recipes.
Make and share this Cabbage & Bell Pepper Slaw recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large head of cabbage
- 3 medium green peppers
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water (warm enough to dissolve sugar)
- Grate cabbage and peppers into a large bowl.
- Combine sugar, vinegar and warm water in a small bowl and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour liquid over cabbage and peppers; mix throughly.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serving size is approximate.
This is great and freezes well. Is a great way to store leftover cabbage and you can use splenda instead of sugar.