1/1 Photo of Byerly's Wild Rice Soup
This wonderful soup recipe, is from my favorite grocery store, located in Minneapolis, MN. I make it using wild rice that has been harvested by hand, thus supporting the Native American's who grow it in Northern MN. There really is a difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1/3 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- snipped parsley (for garnish) or chives (for garnish)
- 1Melt the butter in a soup pot.
- 2Saute the onion until it is softened.
- 3Blend in the flour and then gradually stir in the chicken broth. Stir constantly until it comes to a boil, keep stirring for one more minute.
- 4Add wild rice, ham, carrots, almonds, salt and simmer about 5 minutes.
- 5Add half-and-half and sherry, heat until just heated through.
- 6Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or chives.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Byerly's Wild Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.6
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.7 mg
- Sodium 1051.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 23.3 g