1/1 Photo of Buttery Pistachio Cake
If you are using salted pistachios then omit the 1/4 teaspoons salt. This cake is even better if made a day ahead, cover and store at room temperature. You can also bake the cake in an 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish lined with parchment paper, and increase the cardamon slightly. Make this cake, it's buttery fantastic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees (second-lowest oven rack).
- 2Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, line bottom with parchment paper, then dust with flour, shaking out any excess flour out of pan.
- 3Pulse the pistachio nuts in a food processor until finely ground (careful not to over-grind them into a paste).
- 4Add in 1 cup flour, baking powder, cardamom and salt; pulse one or two times to combine.
- 5In a cup whisk together the milk and vanilla.
- 6In a bowl beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy (about 4-5 minutes, this is important, must beat/mix for 4-5 minutes!).
- 7Add in eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- 8Alternately add in the pistachio/flour mixture and milk on low speed of mixer JUST until combined.
- 9Transfer the batter into prepared baking dish.
- 10Bake for about 20-22 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- 11Cool for about 10 minutes, then run a knife around edges of cake to loosen, invert onto a rack, or slice the cake from the pan.
- 12Serve warm or room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttery Pistachio Cake
Serving Size: 1 (956 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3643.3
- Calories from Fat 1921
- Total Fat 213.5 g
- Saturated Fat 101.4 g
- Cholesterol 936.2 mg
- Sodium 2795.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 390.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.6 g
- Sugars 266.4 g
- Protein 62.2 g