Recipe by MsSally
Got these off of Food Lion web page. They look really yummy. Uploading for Make it lighter game, with hope that someone will work on it and make it lighter.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk, with add vit A and D
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons vegetable shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 12 (3-inch) muffin pan cups; set aside.
- Cream together butter, shortening and 1 Cup sugar; beat in eggs, salt, nutmeg and baking powder.
- Stir in flour and milk alternately until mixture is just combined; evenly divide batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- While muffins are baking, combine 1 Cup sugar with cinnamon; set aside.
- When the muffins are done let cool for a minute, and then turn out onto cooling racks.
- Melt 1 cup butter; dip each muffin briefly in the melted butter and let the excess drip off.
- Roll each muffin in the cinnamon sugar.