Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
How to make buttertarts a breakfast item!
Make and share this Buttertart Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Place raisins, sugar, butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture is hot, slightly thickened, and just beginning to bubble, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly, uncovered, in the refrigerator, while continuing with recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Grease 12 muffin cups or coat with cooking spray.
- Stir flour with baking powder, soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in center and pour in warm raisin mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Stir in nuts until evenly mixed.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) in center of oven until golden and a cake tester inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15 to 17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately pour about 1 teaspoon syrup over each muffin.
- Cool muffins in cups for 10 minutes, then remove to a rack.
- Serve warm.