Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
In ‘Williams-Sonoma: Dessert of the Day’
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups sweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together onto a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the butter until fluffy and pale yellow, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar and beat until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until blended.
- Add the coconut and butterscotch chips, mixing just to incorporate.
- With dampened hands, shape the dough into 1 inch balls and arrange on the prepared sheets, spacing the balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown around the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool briefly on the pans on wire racks, then transfer the cookies to the racks to cool completely.
There cookies taste good but I gave it only 4 stars because the cookies are flat.