In ‘Williams-Sonoma: Dessert of the Day’
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups sweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together onto a sheet of parchment paper.
- 4In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the butter until fluffy and pale yellow, about 2 minutes.
- 5Add the sugar and brown sugar and beat until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- 6Beat in the egg and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- 7Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until blended.
- 8Add the coconut and butterscotch chips, mixing just to incorporate.
- 9With dampened hands, shape the dough into 1 inch balls and arrange on the prepared sheets, spacing the balls about 2 inches apart.
- 10Bake until the cookies are golden brown around the edges, about 15 minutes.
- 11Let the cookies cool briefly on the pans on wire racks, then transfer the cookies to the racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch-Coconut Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (954 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.1
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 49.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g