Double-Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1hr 17mins
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Place the unsweetened chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler over (not touching) barely simmering water, and heat, stirring often, until melted.
- Remove from over the water and let cool slightly.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until light in color and thick, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the melted chocolate mixture on low speed until blended.
- Beat in the dry ingredients until incorporated.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift the powdered sugar into a small bowl.
- Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough between your palms into balls, then roll in the powdered sugar.
- Space the balls about 3 inches apart on the prepared sheets, pressing them down onto the sheet and flattening them slightly.
- Bake the cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until the tops are puffed and crinkled and feel firm, 13-17 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!