A food-processor version of this favorite brownie from the "Process This!" cookbook. There is also a double butterscotch version and chocolate chip version included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour (stir well before measuring)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (cold from refrigerator--cut into 1 tablespoon pats)
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk or 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour a 9 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- 3In food processor, pulse sugars for 5 seconds.
- 4Break up any sugar lumps and pulse again.
- 5Repeat until there are no lumps.
- 6Add flour, baking powder and salt and pulse for 5 seconds to combine.
- 7Scatter the butter pats evenly on top and pulse 5 seconds.
- 8Scrape the work bowl, pushing any butter chunks to bottom.
- 9Pulse again.
- 10Repeat until mixture is texture of coarse meal.
- 11Add pecans.
- 12Pulse 5 quick times.
- 13Scrape bowl and repeat until nuts are fairly finely chopped.
- 14Add the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- 15Pulse 5 times.
- 16Scrape the work bowl, then pulse quickly 2 to 3 times until a batter forms.
- 17Scoop into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- 18Bake on middle rack until there's only slight"give" when you press on the top, 45 to 50 minutes.
- 19Cool the brownies in the pan on a wire rack until completely cool.
- 20Cut into 16 bars.
- 21Chocolate Chip Brownies: When finished mixing dough (as above) sprinkle 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips over batter, stir in and then spread into pan.
- 22Double Butterscotch Brownies: Prepare as directed for Chocolate Chip Brownies, but substitute 1 cup butterscotch chips for chocolate chips.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.0
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 50.0 mg
- Sodium 149.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g