1 hr 5 mins
For all you Butterscotch lover's, Here's a great-tasting recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth....these are soooooo yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (10 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 2set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Grease a 13x9-in baking pan.
- 4In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening and sugars.
- 5Add eggs, beat well; beat in vanilla.
- 6Combine flour, oats and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 7Stir in chips and pecans; reserve 2 cups for the top of bars.
- 8Spread remaining dough into greased baking pan.
- 9In a mixing bowl, combine filling ingredients; spread evenly over crust.
- 10Crumble remaining dough over filling.
- 11Bake for 40-42 mins, or until golden brown.
- 12Cool, and cut into bars.
- 13Note: although I have never tryed it, if you prefer more filling, I presume that you could double the filling ingredients, just bake a little longer.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1676 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.6
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.4 mg
- Sodium 80.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 32.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g