Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For all you Butterscotch lover's, Here's a great-tasting recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth....these are soooooo yummy!
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (10 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 13x9-in baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening and sugars.
- Add eggs, beat well; beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour, oats and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chips and pecans; reserve 2 cups for the top of bars.
- Spread remaining dough into greased baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine filling ingredients; spread evenly over crust.
- Crumble remaining dough over filling.
- Bake for 40-42 mins, or until golden brown.
- Cool, and cut into bars.
- Note: although I have never tryed it, if you prefer more filling, I presume that you could double the filling ingredients, just bake a little longer.