Recipe by kittycatmom
I love butterscotch and I love apple crumble! This dessert is a combination of two terrific flavors! I find that Braeburn or Roma apples have worked really well for this crumble. I have also made this using peaches -- Delicious too!!!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
this is so yummy! I didn't have any quick-cooking oats so I used regular and that seemed to work just fine, this one of the better apple crumbles I have made, I highly recommend trying it, thanks Kitty, this was made for KK's Chef's Pick forum game
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (3 5/8 ounce) package butterscotch pudding
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups cooking apples, peeled, sliced 1/8-inch
- vanilla ice cream, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Combine all ingredients except apples and ice cream in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (2 to 3 minutes).
- Combine apples and 1/2 cup crumb mixture in greased 2-quart round casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until apples are fork tender.