Fat-Free Microwave Apple Crumble Delight
photo by Lalaloula
- Ready In:
- 1 large apple (Granny Smith or Crispins are ideal)
- 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener (I use Splenda Brown Sugar blend)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat granola
- 1 dash water or 1 dash lemon juice
- Slice apple in half, then into 1/2-cm thick slices.
- Sprinkle 1/2 Tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 Tbsp of Splenda into the bottom of a small, microwavable bowl.
- Arrange half of the apple slices into the bowl.
- Repeat Step 2 with the remaining ingredients, including the sprinkle of water/lemon juice and the Cereal or Granola (keep granola/cereal until after heating if you want it to remain crunchy, not soggy).
- Nuke in the microwave on high for about 1 1/2-2 minutes, depending on the microwave, until the apples are just tender. The steam from the water or juice will cook the apples slightly.
- Remove from microwave and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
YUM, this is such a lovely way to start the day. The apples go so great with the granola (I used oats and coconut) and cinnamon. Mmmmm!<br/>I didnt need to use the sugar as my apples were sweet enough.<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this winner with us!<br/>Youve been adopted during PAC October 2012.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new things and experiment with new tastes by creating my own new recipes, as well as trying other's wonderful concoctions. Every month I try to get out and taste a new style or form of cuisine to broaden my palate and enjoy a variety of tastes. What better way is there to get to know more about a culture than through their foods and traditional dishes? The recipes I post will try to be healthy ones...I will try to come up with tasty, flavourful recipes that those watching their middles can enjoy!