Apple Custard Crumble
- Ready In:
- 8 cups sliced peeled apples (abut 8)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour or 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- real whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease or spray 8-inch squarea baking dish . Layer apple slices in dish.
- In bowl, whisk together sugar flour and cinnamon; whisk in eggs until frothy. Whisk in milk, lemom rind and vanilla; pour over apples.
- Crumble: In bowl, combie oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. With fingers, mix in butter until mixture is curmbly. Spinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until apples are tender, custard is thickened, and topping is golden. Serve warm or cold with a dollop of whipped cream or frozen vanilla yogurt.
- NOTE: Tart apples such as Northern Spy, Granny Smith Spartan or Crispin give the best fruit flavour.
- You may also sprinkle 1/3 cup of dried cranberries over apples in step one.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.