Apple Raspberry Crumble
photo by pattikay in L.A.
- Ready In:
- 3 apples
- lemon, juice of
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen raspberries
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup butter, but in pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- heavy cream
- Heat oven to 375.
- Peel and core apples, cut into 8-10 slices.
- Arrange in a buttered shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over them.
- Drain raspberries.
- Sprinkle raspberries over apples.
- Mix flour and sugar in a bowl, cut in butter with fingers until crumbly.
- Add the nutmeg and cover the fruit with the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve with heavy cream, softly whipped.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I found it quite tart. However, this was balanced out nicely when served with vanilla ice cream. I also added some cinnamon and only used a dash of nutmeg. I think next time I will decrease or altogether omit the lemon juice. Also, 25 minutes wasn't nearly enough time as the apples were still quite crunchy. It took a good 40 minutes to bake. Overall, I love the flavour the raspberries add and I will be making this recipe again with a few alterations!
see 7 more reviews
This was a great crumble. When I pulled my fresh raspberries out of the fridge they were not usable, so I used a mix of strawberries, blueberries and the apples of course. I used about 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon in place of the nutmeg and about 1/4 cup of butter. It was wonderful. Next time I will try with the raspberries it calls for. Thanks for the recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Mom to 4 boys, city dweller, eater, craft beer enthusiast, original Recipezaar member.