Apple Cream Crumble Tart
- Ready In:
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package ready-to-use refrigerated pie crusts (1 crust)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 medium apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup planters peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F Roll pastry to 12-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Line 10-inch quiche dish or tart pan with removeable bottom with pastry. Trim edges of pastry even with top of dish; pierce pastry with fork. Bake 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add egg'; mix well. Blend in sour cream. pour into sour cream. Pour into crust; top with apples. Mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Store leftover tart in refrigerator.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick tied with orange peel just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.