Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have been making these bars for years, they are very good!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced almonds
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Combine flour and baking powder; set aside.
- Blend in sugar into melted butter.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Spread batter into greased prepared baking pan (don't pack down too hard).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- To prepare nutty topping: Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Add and mix in sugar, cornsyrup, water a salt.
- Bring mixture to boil; boil 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sliced almonds.
- Spread nutty topping evenly over baked crust.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Melt chocolate; drizzle over bars.
- Cut into bars.
My mom used to make these all the time when I was growing up, and they were a family favorite. They are delicious without the chocolate as well.
These are absolutely delish. I asked for the recipe from my best friends mom this Xmas and now I don't have to post. Thanks