Recipe by JustaQT
A very special peanut butter cookie studded with bits of Butterfinger candy.
Top Review by bechtol24
These were delicious! The only thing I did was just add 1/4 t more baking soda so that they raised a little more(the first time I made them they were a little flat). Be sure not to overcook them, they get pretty hard if you do
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 (2 1/8 ounce) butterfinger candy bars
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- In a food processor, blend sugars, butter, egg whites, and vanilla until light and fluffy, stopping once to scrape down the sides of the work bowl, about 1 minute.
- Add the peanut butter and process using on/off pulses until combined, about 20 seconds.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and blend until just combined using 2 to 3 on/off turns; do not over process.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Cut candy bars into 1/2 inch pieces and stir into dough.
- Mound dough by 1 1/2 tablespoons onto prepared sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Flatten slightly using fingers.
- Bake until dry in appearance and centers are slightly soft to touch, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets 3 minutes before removing (they will fall apart until the candy hardens up a bit).
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.