Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw this recipe on Pinterest, pinned from a food blog. I made them for dinner tonight and they are light and fluffy inside with a buttery crunch on the outside and so easy to make. My new favorite biscuits!
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 19.71 ml granulated sugar
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml kosher salt
- 414.03 ml buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a microwave-safe bowl (or you can use the baking dish that you'll be baking these in), melt butter in the microwave.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour in the buttermilk. Stir until a loose dough forms. Batter will be a bit sticky.
- Press biscuit dough into baking dish (right on top of the melted butter). Take a sharp knife and cut the biscuit dough into 9 squares before baking.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, rotating dish once during baking.
My family really enjoyed these biscuits. They were so easy to make. They puffed up very nicely and browned from the butter. The top and bottom were crunchy and buttery while the inside was very soft. Just delicious ! Thank you for the recipe !
I halved the recipe and made the divisions with a spatula. A good one from Pinterest! And another recipe that's adding to my waistline pin by pin.
These were great! Will def. be making again!