Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 package mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄2 package English toffee bits
- Cream sugars, shortening, eggs, and vanilla.
- Spoon flour into measuring cup, level off, add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
- Mix well.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips and Bits of Brittle.
- Drop on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes.
- Makes 5 dozen.
These cookies were delicious but there is a typo to the ingredient flour. I added probably a cup more than the 1/8th called for. I contacted Recipenut and she recognized the error and says it calls for two cups. Two cups should make these a little cakier than the thin, crispy on the outside, chewy in the middle ones that I made. I will be making these again using two cups flour and re-rate after that.