Butter Pecan Cookies
photo by kirahieisslavegirl
- Ready In:
- 1hr 4mins
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk, unbeaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 lb pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter in large mixing bowl.
- Gradually add brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Cream well.
- Add unbeaten egg yolk and vanilla and beat well.
- Blend in sifted flour to form a stiff dough.
- Shape dough into small balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheet. Flatten cookies with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes, till golden brown (do not overbrown.) Cool before frosting.
- Garnish with pecan halves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!