Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk, vanilla and egg in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well-blended.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture at low speed.
- Mix just until blended.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly in crisscross pattern with lines of fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It's about time I rated these ,I suppose. I've had this recipe for over a year and I've probably made them six or seven times--they are really wonderful. I just happened to make them a couple of days ago, only to have BF's friends come over to watch the tour de france and eat them all!!! These are great--smaller cookies and really good flavor. The best ones I've made! (Note: I used margarine instead of shortening).
Who doesn't love a good peanut butter cookie? And these are really good! I only get 32 cookies out of one recipe because I use a cookie scoop (like an ice cream scoop, but smaller) to shape the cookies before I use a fork to flatten them. The cookies are more uniform that way. I cooked mine for about 10 minutes because I like mine a little more crisp. lol Anyway, thanks for sharing.
I am going to rate this according to my husband's opinion. He really bragged and bragged about these cookies. And when he does that....it means something!!! They are very tasty, soft, and chewy too. Best to let them sit for a short time, rather than try to gobble them up right from the oven. Then the "chewy" has the time "come out". I sure will making them again. I really like them too!