Recipe by -Sylvie-
This is a recipe from Lesley Waters 'Simple Ways to Success - Healthy' cookbook. This is a really creamy houmous and the butter beans add extra protein. I use Bekah's Homemade Tahini #73859 to make it and sometimes I add a little sambal oelek for some extra spicyness. It great served with a variety of fresh vegetables and pita crisps for dipping. Or you could try one of my favourites: a fresh bagel with houmous, rocket and roasted aubergine. Yum!
Top Review by samurai jen
a really creamy, light, delicately flavoured houmous - totally perfect & so easy to make. I think it's great as is, but my boyfriend decided to pep it up with a few drops of tabasco sauce. I used 6 tablespoons of water because I like quite a loose houmous.
- 425.24 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 425.24 g can butter beans
- 2 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 29.58 ml tahini
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 44.37 ml plain low-fat yogurt
- 73.94 ml water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4.92 ml sambal oelek (not in original recipe) (optional)