Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My own invention, for best results, cook on a George Foreman grill.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning (I use Ortega Smoky Chipotle)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa or 1 cup taco sauce, your favorite strength
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices onions
- Put the ground beef into a mixing bowl, empty the contents of your taco seasoning envelope into roughly 1/2 cup of water (you may add more water, by the tablespoon, to make the mixture moist enough to blend well). Stir the seasoning into the water, until blended, pour into bowl with meat.
- Blend the ingredients together with your hands, the way you mix meatloaf.
- Heat up your George Foreman grill, and form the meat into 4 patties while you're waiting.
- When the grill is ready, put the burgers on it, and close the cover. Press gently but firmly on the cover. Grill 5 to 7 minutes, open the grill and turn the burgers over; grill another 5 minutes (the top part of this grill is not as hot as the bottom, you do need to turn).
- Toast your buns while the meat is grilling.
- Put a nice pinch of shredded cheddar on the bottom half of the buns.
- Place the burgers on top of the cheese,.
- add salsa or taco sauce, a slice of tomato, and a slice of onion, and then a pinch of shredded lettuce. Add the bun tops.
- Serve with corn chips and Corona -- Ay Yi Yi!