1/1 Photo of Burnt Sugar Angel Food Cake
Chef Dee's Note:
Start with a mix, and end with a deliciously different Angel Food. A good friend passed this recipe on to me. I used walnuts, and it sent the taste over the top !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Over med. high heat, melt the sugar in a saucepan,stirring constantly.
- 2WARNING: The hot sugar will be overheated at this point and will almost explode when you add the water. Be very careful, keeping your face back, and adding the water carefully.
- 3Add the water, and boil for 7 min's,remove from heat and set aside.
- 4Prepare the cake according to directions on the box, but substitute 1/4 cup of the water with 1/4 cup of the prepared sugar syrup.
- 5Fold the toasted pecans into the batter.
- 6Without spraying or greasing the pan, pour the cake batter directly into the Angel Food pan.
- 7Bake for about 35-40 min's, then remove from pan to cool.
- 8For icing, beat the icing sugar,butter, cream and remaining syrup together, sprad over the cake.
- 9You can add more icing sugar or cream to make a nice consistency to spread over the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burnt Sugar Angel Food Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1016 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3801.6
- Calories from Fat 1016
- Total Fat 112.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 94.3 mg
- Sodium 3938.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 669.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 447.3 g
- Protein 56.3 g