Caramel Frosting for Angel Food Cake
photo by Mercy
- Ready In:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add the brown sugar.
- Boil and stir for at least one minute.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and add the milk.
- With a hand mixer beat in the powdered sugar, one cup at a time until the spreading consistency is right for you.
- It should not be a very thick consistency for angel food cake, because it will harden as it cools.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is creamy and so, so sweet. I am not sure it is the icing I would use for an angel food cake again but I think I would try it on a chocolate cake. The brown sugar flavour would complement the chocolate very nicely I think. If you are using this on angel food I would suggest keeping the icing quite thin so that you can just pour it over and have a very thin coat. It just seemed a bit heavy on the angel food. I know I will try it again. Thanks for the recipe.