Recipe by ReeLani
A yummy-sounding side dish. I think it would be especially good with a steak or other beefy meal.
Top Review by Queen uh Cuisine
I made and reviewed this recipe for PAC 2006. These mushrooms were wonderfull. I only made one third of the recipe because i'm the only one who eats them. I got them all to myself :) I omitted the bell pepper(i don't care for them ) and I did add a little extra wine. Yummmy. I will definately be making these again. Barbara Oh I also added abit extra garlic :)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup green bell pepper, cut in 1/2 inch pieces (1 medium)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fresh mushrooms, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard and garlic.
- Cook'til smooth and bubbly (maybe 30 seconds).
- Stir in the wine and remaining ingredients.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally,'til mushrooms are tender, maybe 10-12 minutes.